Sunday 9 June 2013

The beauty and vastness of the Himalayas

I have to admit when i was a child I read many stories of the Himalayas and loved the photos in the books because of the harsh beauty of the mountains. But I never really understood just how vast this range was (having walked up Snowdon in a few hours and spent many days on the Black and Malvern hills) until I went on my first trek to Mount Everest. Just walking for days along tracks that have been regularly used for generations you look out into the surrounding scenery and see a land that is hard and bleak but has an attraction for many including myself. Why i really dont know but if you go there once you will see.

The starting point of the trek in Lukla from here its walk, walk walk.


The first couple of days these Buddhist markings are all along the track, one day I would like to find out what they are for.

The Mountain people have used natural materials to try and make a life here but in certain times of the year it has to be very hard. 

The highest monastery in the World enter here and feel the peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment